There is a lot of information out there about buying cigars from cigar shops. Most of the information out there is geared more toward selling you cigars and less about giving you an overall understanding. You probably have more questions about smoking and some cigar basics. Keep reading about cigar shops and learn about the basics of smoking cigars:
General Rules of Cigar Shops
When you walk into a cigar shop, there are some general rules that you should follow:
- Be friendly and respectful of the employees — They are the ones who are going to help you pick out the perfect cigar for your needs.
- Ask questions if you do not know what you need or want— The employee is there to help, so don't be afraid to ask them for advice on what kind of cigar would be best for you.
- Smoke in designated smoking areas — if there is no one smoking in the store, then it is not allowed.
- Do not touch any cigars that are displayed out in front of the store — these are usually expensive and rare cigars and should not be touched until they have been purchased.
- Only buy what you can afford — while it may seem like fun to spend money on some really expensive cigars, it is important that you only spend what you can afford; this will make sure that your budget stays intact without having to worry about spending too much money on something that isn't necessary right now.
These are general cigar bar or shop rules, but each business might have some of its own policies.
Buying and Smoking Cigars
Cigars are most often smoked at social gatherings and parties. However, they can also be enjoyed by yourself as a relaxing way to end the day.
If you want to smoke cigars with friends or family members, find out what kind of cigars they like before going shopping. You should also ask them which cigar brand they prefer so that you know what to buy for the next time you go shopping for cigars. If you're buying cigars as a gift for someone else, make sure that the brand of cigar matches their preferences before buying it.
Finding Your Taste in Cigars
The first step in buying cigars is finding out what kind of taste you enjoy most. If you're looking for something milder, there are plenty of options that won't overwhelm your senses or make your head spin. On the other hand, if heavy-hitting flavors are more your style, there are lots of bolder options available as well! You'll want to try different brands and types until you find something that suits your taste buds perfectly.
Learning the basic rules of cigar smoking will help you enjoy your time at a cigar shop or cigar bar. If you have any questions, talk to a cigar shop, such as Honolulu | WorkPlay.